Function of the Students Council:
- To create in collaboration with the Principal Mr O’ Connor, staff and fellow students a better school life for the students of our school.
- To give students the opportunity to express leadership skills whilst encouraging responsibility in students.
- To contribute to overall school development by being involved in school policy development and to be a resource working in partnership with the School Management.
- To act as a liaison where possible between the students, management and teaching staff of the school.
- To encourage and engage students to become aware as to how the school is run.
- To provide students with the opportunity to identify and express their needs in a positive constructive manner.
- To help improve the school atmosphere, conditions and facilities.
- To provide a forum to enhance student participation in the life of the school.
Student Council Members And Roles:
1st Year Representatives:
Clodagh Coffey, Grace O’Connell, Saoirse Lyne, Abby Daly
2nd Year Representatives:
Tara Whittington, Stephen O’Sullivan
3rd Year Representatives:
Dervla Donegan, Stephen Fogarty.
Transition Year Representatives:
Collette O’Shea, Donna Fitgereald, Cian Breathnach
5th Year Representatives
Garrath Burke-Weigt, Alli O’Sullivan, Caoimhe Ní Shúilleabháin
6th Year Representatives
Chairman: Garrath Burke-Weigt
Treasurer: Cian Breathnach,
Chief PR Manager: Stephen Fogarty
Secretary Stephanie Smith
Accomplishments to Date:
This year we have put a lot of effort into developing our school’s technological know-how and presence while also working to encourage healthy eating and positive body image.
Teaching and Learning & ICT
Introduction of new Web Technologies to Teachers: So far we have introduced teachers to the SRS flashcard program ‘Memrise’ and every teacher who used it said it was fantastic resource. We have also introduced ‘Lingua.ly’ to language teachers and at the moment are in the process of easing ‘Hello Talk’ and ‘Coursera’ into the relevant classrooms.
Music During Lunch Time: We’ve supplied music during lunchtime to brighten up your afternoons.
Survey of the Tastes of the Student-body: We conducted a survey to find out what sort of food students wanted for lunch which we hope to share with the canteen manager
Last Year’s student council members;
1st Year – Jack O’ Mahoney, Tara Whittington
3rd Year – Patrick O’ Dwyer, Padraig Maher
T.Y. – Fiona Mc Gillicuddy, Alexandria O’ Sullivan
5th Yr – Grace O’ Sullivan
L.C.A. – Jamie Joy