These rules are for the most part the same as those for students sitting the State Exams and ensure there is minimum disruption and that students can give of their best.
- Full uniform must be worn if not there will be detention from 4-5pm on the following day
- Be punctual, school time and not exam start times apply – you must be in the exam hall/room at 9 am and 1:10 pm daily
- Copying or use of notes … etc will result in immediate disqualification of the exam and suspension
- Mobile phones are not permitted in the exam hall- please leave them at home for the duration of the exams. Phones in use will be confiscated and may result in the disqualification of an exam.
- Earphones may not be used in the exam hall.
- Sit in your assigned seat at all times, unless asked to move to another seat by a teacher
- As this is a Pre Exam teachers will not be in a position to help students with answers.
- Raise your hand to attract the attention of a teacher.
- Students should go to the toilet before exams.
- If a student needs to go to the toilet during an exam they must raise their hand and wait for permission to go to the toilet. The supervising teacher will write ‘Toilet Break’ on the script and record time the student left and returned on the front of the examination script.
- Students must have all necessary materials with them in the exam hall including books to study during study periods. Borrowing equipment is not allowed.
- Students are not allowed to go to lockers during exam times.
- 13. Only water is allowed in the exam hall/room. No food
- Please use the bins provided and tidy up at the end of every exam.
- Silence is required in the exam hall/exam room at all times
- Take care not to distract others in the exam hall. Deliberate distraction or talking to another student will be considered a serious matter and may involve you being assigned a new seat and/or a detention.
- Students are not permitted to go to the bathroom for the first or last thirty minutes of an exam
- Students who finish exams early must remain in the exam hall/room until the end of the exam session as this is a normal school day.
Exams are demanding so look after yourself: eat properly get some exercise and stay calm. Thank you for your co-operation and good luck.