“We respect, we care, we learn, we develop, we belong.”
Coláiste na Sceilge is committed to creating a community in which everyone is respected, where everyone has an opportunity to develop in a challenging, caring and happy environment, developing people who are fair, caring, assertive, knowledgeable and appreciative of their locality; its beauty, history, culture and amenities. People who have a clear sense of their worth and the valuable role they can play in the betterment of their communities. People who can enjoy their lives to the full
The educational aims of Coláiste na Sceilge are:
- To encourage a pursuit of excellence appropriate to each student so that he/she may develop to the full his/her particular gifts.
- To offer an education that strives to empower and motivate students to use their individual gifts with confidence, creativity and generosity.
- To offer a broad holistic curriculum to enable students to reach their full potential and to develop a love of learning.
- To promote the moral, spiritual, academic, social and personal development of students in partnership with their parents.
- To cherish all students equally regardless of gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, disability and ethnicity.
- To give every opportunity to students to develop powers of critical reflection thereby building independence of mind as a means towards responsible citizenship.
- To nurture an interest in the creative arts and an appreciation of heritage and culture.