Hello to Happiness
As Part of an initiative by our LCA Enterprise class here at Coláiste na Sceilge we will host a week of events and activities to improve our Well being and Mental Health. The LCAs have decided to call the week ‘Hello to Happiness’. Our LCAs have worked very hard to get this initiative off the ground and we are all looking forward to an action packed week next week 26th Jan- 30th Jan.. Click on image to find out more about LCA and the full list of events.
Garda Youth Awards
We are delighted to have had three Garda Youth Achievement Award winners this year. These students are people who have gone out into their communities and used their strengths to make it a better one. Their selfless attitude is a credit to themselves and their families and we at Coláiste na Sceilge are very proud of them.
Aoife Sugrue and Nicola O’Sullivan received the award for their work in bringing Joy to the patients of St. Annes Hospital through music. Aoife and Nicola give of their time freely to volunteer at weekends and holidays playing music for the patients.
Caoimhe O’Sullivan won the award for her work in the community with Youth Club, Enable together Residential Programme where she works with people with special needs and 121 Digital helping older people with new technologies.
Chaplain of the School Mr. Liam Egan who was present at the ceremony said that these awards acknowledge the hard work that students do for the betterment of their communities, work which sometimes goes unnoticed.
2015 BT Young Scientist
Congratulations to Aoibhinn O’ Neill and Sinéad O’Sullivan for their participation at the 2015 BT Young Scientist in Dublin. It was a tremendous achievement on getting to display their project “Personality Disorders: Improving Awareness among Young People” at the event. Well done also to their teacher Mrs. Anne Griffin for all her hard work.
Kerry ETB Award Winners 16 Jan 2015 Hosted in Tralee IT
Congratulations to all our award winners in the Kerry ETB Student Awards. You all are exceptional Ambassadors for this school.
- School Academic Excellence Award-Niamh Ní Chonaill (Best overall performance in the Leaving Certificate in the school)
- Junior Certificate Academic Award (Best overall performance in the Junior Certificate in the school)- Cian Breathnach
- Best Science Student- Cillian Ó Donnabháin
- Best Languages, Arts & Social Sciences Student- Shannon Ní Bhaoil
- Best Business Studies Student- Eimear Ní Ghealbhain
- School/Youthreach Achievement Award- Adam Ó Conraí
- Best LCA Student- Ann Marie Sugrue
- School Leadership/Active Citizenship award-Marc Ó Sé
- Digital Literacy Award -Micheál MacCartaigh
- Exceptional leadership in the School Council-Grace Ní Suillebhain
- Exceptional Involvement in the life of the school at Junior Cycle- Jim Ó Loingsigh
Girls Basketball Teams in All-Ireland Playoffs
The senior girls basketball team reached the SW regional final having defeated Castletroy convincingly in the semi final. They played a very strong Mounthawk team in the final in a very exciting and close encounter, but it was the Tralee side that finished stronger and were victorious despite the galant efforts of the CNS girls. However, all is not lost, both teams qualify for the All Ireland play offs in January. We wish both teams and their management of Ms. Cora Conway and Mrs. Cathriona Fitzgerald the very best of luck in this great achievement.
We Need You!!
Are you interested in writing an opinion piece, fashion page, sports page, film review page etc. for the school website? Whatever your interest, we want to showcase you!. If you have an idea contact Mr. Mc Gill.